click map Home Tutorials About FAQ

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

I recently received an e-mail from Dana over at D'Lea Designs that she had given me a "Stylish Blogger Award"!! Thanks so much Dana! She's got a great blog and some cute tutorials up right now so you should check out her site.

This award is a great idea because you get to pass it on and help promote some of your favorite new (or new to you) bloggers. The rules for accepting the award are:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
  2. Share Seven things about yourself.
  3. Award 6 recently discovered great bloggers (I've found several versions of this for anywhere from 6 to 15, so just pick a number that sounds good to you ;).
  4. Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award.
So you also get to learn a little bit more about me! Here are my seven things: 
  1. I love to bake desserts, especially those with chocolate in them.
  2. I enjoy traveling. My favorite foreign country that I've visited is Italy.
  3. I'm part Italian. Maybe that's why I liked Italy so much!
  4. My least favorite job I've ever had was being a towel folder. Yes, that's really a job. I'd fold over a thousand kitchen-type towels a day then shrink wrap them into packages of 20.
  5. As a kid my favorite gift items to receive were construction paper and masking tape.
  6. I enjoy growing an organic vegetable garden each summer.
  7. We live in an old farmhouse style home built in the mid-to-late 1800s. Bonus information! We have had a bird or bird families in our house over 10 times. I'm reminded of that because there is a bird in our house that my husband is trying to catch at this moment.
Now on to the next step. Here are 6 new-ish blogs in alphabetical order that I follow and enjoy. Have fun checking them out!

 All This For Them                      Belle + Bee                      Gabriel's Good Tidings


Lindsay Sews                      The Monson Family                      Needle and Spatula